The Brake Caliper Tape Dispenser by AUTOart Design ($40) is made to resemble a 6-pot racing caliber. The center tape roll holder even looks like a classic basket weave BBS wheel. The dispenser is handmade in pewter has rubber feet and is the perfect feet for the gearhead.
I've been waiting on this for awhile. the Wood Smart Case for the iPad Air and iPad Mini by Grovemade ($79-$99) is finally out and it looks like a great quality product. The cases are made of lightweight bamboo and maple wood. The flexible bamboo cover is lined with soft Ultrasuede which keeps your screen free of scratches and dust and allows for three standing positions. Rare earth magnets keeps the cover in place while also enabling the automatic sleep and wake functions when you close or open the cover. All cases are made in Portland, Oregon from all natural products. (more…)
Leave it to Japanese bartenders to take cocktail making to a whole new level. The Ice Ball Maker ($294) sold by The Japan Trend Shop makes perfectly circular ice cubes. To make it work you place the device in some warm water, once it's heated insert your ice cubes and let gravity do the rest. When complete you'll have the perfect ice cube to keep you drinks chilled. The one priced here is for the 30mm (1.2 inch) mini. There are additional sizes available but they get pricey real fast. For example the next model up is the 55mm version and it runs $1036.
Every so often we scour the web and provide you with links to all the cool things we found. And as always, we give you a little something extra to get you through to Monday.
1. Mayweather VS Canelo - Showtime
2. The 25 Best Jukes in College Football History, in GIFs - Complex
3. 8 pumpkin beers you should drink this year - Cool Material
4. 7 Kinky Things She Loves But Won't Tell You - Ask Men
5. 10 Beers We're Cracking For NFL Opening Weekend - Food Republic
6. 7 Design Ideas for an Inspiring Home Office - My Life Scoop
7. Drink & Dish: Game Day Beer Punch - Foodie Misadventures
8. It's Almost Time To Throw Out Your Books - Tech Crunch
9. These Gaps Aren't Going To Mind Themselves - The Chive
10. Drone's Eye View Of Burning Man - Huffington Post
11. Moving time-lapse vid of One World Trade Center construction - CNET
12. Sort Your To-Do List By Emotion or Reward to Give Yourself Motivation - Life Hacker
The Olivier Jonquet Elie Watch ($2600) is based on the timepieces of the 1920s and 30s. The watch is impeccably made including such features as a cushion-shaped case made from 319L steel, a sapphire crystal, a beautiful enameled white dial and blue steel hands. The entire watch is made in France including the mechanical movement, the Ebauche FE 233/69, and the case. The Elie will be available in either a satin or polished finished. Olivier Jonquet are taking pre-orders now and if sufficient orders are received delivery is expected some time in October 2014. Only 50 pieces of the watch will be made.
The Nike Air Max 95 City London ($219) is part of Nike's Air Max City Series. The first cities to be honored were Rio and London and these guys are a perfect representation of the Union Jack. The uppers are made from Leather and Nylon in blue, red, and white which sits on a light grey EVA sole. The shoes are in limited quantities so make sure you hurry and get yours today.